Monday, February 16, 2009

Intro

Hi, and welcome to my new blog. First post = explanation and introduction of myself and my blog concept.

For starters, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Chris, and I am currently a second-year Music Education student at Central Michigan University in Mount Pleasant, MI. My major instrument here is the tuba. It sounds lame, but it's actually quite fun. I really like the people in my studio, and the guy who teaches us how to suck less.

I am a proud member of the Chippewa Marching Band, and will be until I die or graduate (whichever comes first). I love the massive sense of camaraderie I feel towards my fellow Chips, and I love being a part of the epic experience that is Chippewa Football.

My musical horizons are not limited to classical and band music, though. I enjoy (or at least appreciate) ALL types of music. I don't discriminate. If I haven't heard it yet, I want to. I'm often pleasantly surprised at what tickles my fancy.

My musical pursuits aren't limited either. I love my tuba, but I carry a brightly burning torch for my guitar, voice and, ever-increasingly, piano. My main pop music influence is Warren Zevon (1 & 2), but I'm also heavily into Jackson Browne right (1 & 2) now. I also have a few off-the wall tastes, such as Bellowhead

I'm limited to covers pretty heavily, because when I write lyrics, it doesn't end well. I write a bit of instrumental music, but it doesn't cut it for me in performance unless I can sing as well. I love performing for people wit my guitar, and I don't do it nearly enough anymore. I'm working to remedy that, though.

Well, that's the intro. If you want to know more about me, feel free to comment to that effect.

Random Video of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment